Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Notes on today's class

There were questions today about sources:

1. They should appear on the final slide of your powerpoint in a bibliographic or work cited format. If you have questions about this formatting, put "purdueOWL" in any search engine. This is an up to date site about all things scholarly papers!!

2. You should also cite pictures you get from the internet and you should vocally cite any information you use in your speech.

3. Time: 4- 6 min.

4. I do not recommend music playing during your presentation. Keep clips to 30 seconds unless you consult me ahead of time. Make sure to check with me about ANY questionable material you plan to use in advance. I will cut you off if I feel you are being offensive or innappropriate.

5. There is no rough draft due for this speech, I only ask for your outline. You may turn in the one I have already looked at. I prefer a revised version with sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment